Author Topic: published  (Read 102 times)

Ron Simunic

• Monon Brakeman
published
« on: October 03, 2017, 03:57:57 pm »
Our own Vern Sargent is featured in Nov. Model Railroader. Vern attended this years convention in Salem. Good job Vern.

Vern Sargent

• Monon Fireman
Re: published
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:53:00 pm »
Thanks, Ron. Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been in PA. since the convention.  Vern@G.

David Longest

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 11:03:47 am »
Just getting started with an "N" scale layout and from what I've gleaned, it's best to use foam on a wood/plywood surface.  My problem is space and building something with permanence is taking some imagination.  I am using Kato Unitrack and wondering how narrow my layout can be?  I have a desk in the den, 28" x 57", which will mean tight curves, although I can go beyond that width a bit with plywood.  I can handle not using the desk top, but not ready to destroy it yet.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  I have a four year old grandson who i am using for my impetus and hope to establish an interest in him.
David

David Longest

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:36:58 am »
I am using Kato Unitrack and it seems to be a good product, however the turnout lacks something.  The toggle switch works okay for continuation of the round track, but after running on the track for a short while, something broke down in the switch mechanism, the turnout brings the engine directly into the "Y" and with any speed results in derailing the engine.  Has anyone had that problem and is there a solution.  My current plan is to return it to the store, so does Kato make another turnout?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

David Longest