Author Topic: Indiana Album website  (Read 1733 times)

Eric Reinert

• Monon Conductor
    • My rrpicturearchives.com site
Indiana Album website
« on: January 22, 2020, 04:48:42 pm »
I stumbled across a new (to me) website a couple weeks ago:
https://indianaalbum.com/

It is a collaborative site that relies on submissions from the public. Sites like this are a good way to get access to some folks attic family photo collections, etc.
I've attached just a couple of Monon photos I found while mining the site. There are others.

A 1969 dated shot of BL-2 30 on the transfer table at what I assume is the car shops in Lafayette. 
A 1962 dated shot of the Roundhouse & Turntable at Bloomington.

I stuck this in the Diesel Locomotive category only because of the BL-2- feel free to change location Mr. Webmaster!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 04:52:49 pm by Eric Reinert »
Eric Reinert

Rick Berg

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Dispatcher
    • Rick's MONON Railroad Site
Re: Indiana Album website
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 10:33:13 am »
Nice find, does it mention anything else about the pictures?

Steve Dolzall

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 10:45:35 am »
The roundhouse scene is Indianapolis, not Bloomington

Eric Reinert

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 12:55:22 pm »
The full caption claims the roundhouse to be on Grimes Lane in Bloomington, and that it is now gone and that even the pit is filled in. (Thanks for the correct location Steve.)  The BL-2 photo adds builder and date of manufacture... The Album's Director, John Hostetler, is very active in editing the captions as they are very often wrong. I can imagine the info coming with the donation can often be third or fourth hand knowledge or even just guesses. I have had him correct several photo captions and he does a quick job of it.
Eric Reinert

Eric Reinert

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:11:00 am »
The IndianaAlbum.com Director, John Harris has heard back from the person that donated the Roundhouse image. After looking at some other photos he's got, he did remember that it is indeed at Indianapolis. No huge surprise there, but John told me the donor has more Monon images he's willing let the Indianaalbum website scan and share.
Eric Reinert