Author Topic: MRHTS Annual Meeting and Convention  (Read 2724 times)

Tom Kepshire

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Dispatcher
  • Go Blackhawks.
    • Bygone Places Along The Monon
MRHTS Annual Meeting and Convention
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:55:21 PM »
Annual Meeting and Convention. French Lick, Indiana. September 28-30, 2012. More details at www.monon.org.
Vice President MRHTS
Life Member #22
Visit www.monon.org
www.mononstores.com

Rick Berg

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Conductor
    • Rick's MONON Railroad Site
Re: MRHTS Annual Meeting and Convention
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
We know "The Lynne" will be on the train but will the Monon caboose also make the trip?
Rick Berg

Ron Marquardt

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »
Good idea Rick.  The one's who don't want to eat on the dinner train can ride on the caboose and eat their sack lunches.  Just like the good old days on Monon freight trains.  LMAO,  / Ron

PS, we could get two 1/2 think bologna sandwiches and a Vidalia onion, and have a real Monon meal in honor of conductor Russell Engledow.  I think he lived on that diet, both on the trains and at the bunk houses and hotels, for at least 40 years, and I think he's still going strong.  I'd bet he's still eating bologna and onions too.

Long live the Monon, and the great guys who made it work.

Rick Berg

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Conductor
    • Rick's MONON Railroad Site
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »
Yeah, the caboose on one end and "The Lynne" on the other end. I would even pay for the meal on the Dinner if I had to if I could ride the caboose instead.
Hey, it is not like they are going at "neck breaking speed", they could even stop and the caboose riders go get their meal if the Diner folks objected, or a sack lunch. You would not expect them to deliver it, but could go get it.
Rick Berg

Pete Pedigo

• Administrator
  • Monon Engineer
  • MRHTS PRESIDENT #5
    • NEWX
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
This has already been thought of and there are too many operational issues with doing this.  One there are no lights in the Caboose.  Part of the trip will be in the dark.  Two there is no restroom on the caboose and the trip will be too long non stop.  The City of Jasper will man the dinner train, not IRM. 

Pete
Pete Pedigo

Pete Pedigo

• Administrator
  • Monon Engineer
  • MRHTS PRESIDENT #5
    • NEWX
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »
All of the seats on the "LYNNE" for the dinner train have been sold out.  And there is only 14 seats remaining on the Spirit of Jasper. Please make your reservations soon.

Pete Pedigo
Convention Commitee Chairman
Pete Pedigo