Author Topic: Monon Project Group  (Read 8011 times)

Ron Marquardt

Re: Monon Project Group
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 04:30:57 pm »
Roger and all, the section name is already "Monon Scale Modeling", and I see no need to have a sub-section with the same name.  We have sub-sections for every scale imaginable, and the new Generic Modeling Discussion sub-section should fit your needs perfectly.

The definition of generic is "relating to or characteristic of a whole group or class", and that should cover everything that is not specific to one scale.  / Ron

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 05:43:00 pm »
OOPs!  I didn't notice that it was already a done deal (ie: the sub-section name).  Sorry to take up so much space.  I'm beginning to learn how things are done here.
Thanks for clarifying, Ron

Ron Marquardt

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 07:11:10 pm »
No problem Roger.  I am the great clarifier.  Just remember that I'm wrong at least 50% of the tiime (maybe 55% some days).  / Ron

Gene Remaly

• Inactive
  • Monon Conductor
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 07:33:14 am »
Roger

I believe the correct horn for F and Bl2 is Wabco E2

Bell sounds are optional. Depends on whether they are grease coated,cracked, etc.  Also, the little air powered  ringer thingie could be dirty and slow acting..

HAPPY HONKING

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:58 pm »
Gene,

Thank you very much for the info.  I have been using the A2, I'll switch to the E2.  My locos are relatively new (1948-49) so the bells are probably in pretty good shape.  I have to turn down the volume though, or they drive me nuts!

The DCC sound install in my RS-2 #24 is my 10th.  I have 10 more to do if I live that long <g>.  The next one I am working on is RS-2 #27. These S scale RS-2's are "Alco Models" imports from the early 1980's.  I have to replace the entire driveline in them as the pot metal gear towers are swelled, distorted and crumbling!  The hardest part though, is cramming all the wires in without interfering with the drive.

Tim T Swan

• Monon Engineer
  • Modeling Bedford in 1948
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:00 pm »
Oh Roger!  I love your modeling!

One of these years (if I live that long!) the wife and I are going to take a long autumn RV trip down the PCH from Vancouver to Baja.  We'll be sure to stop by in Tacoma for a visit!   /Tim.

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 06:35:08 pm »
Tim,  Thanks so much!  I look forward to a visit from you and your wife.  Last month, we had quite a few Hoosiers in our basement when we were on tour for the Seattle 2012 National Narrow Gauge Convention.  It's fun when they tell the local visitors: "Yes, the Fall trees in the Midwest really are that bright!"

I'm glad that you found the new topic/category.  You are an excellent modeler as well as Monon historian.  I hope that other ex-Monon Project Group members will find it as well.

Gene Remaly

• Inactive
  • Monon Conductor
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 06:37:01 am »
Roger

I sent a rteply to which hoen sound is correct for F's and BL-2.  I don't know where iot went, so , here it is again

Wabco  E2

Bell sounds are optional--- dirty and grease-oil caked, cracked, or the little ringer dingy thingie is dirty or worn out.  whar ever sounds good to you

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:51 pm »
Hi Gene,

Yes I got it.  See my reply #34 above.  I programmed the E2 on my RS-2 #24.  I must say it's a unique sound (to me).

Thanks again for the help.