Author Topic: Donald Cripe  (Read 1764 times)

Tom Kepshire

• Inactive
  • Monon Dispatcher
  • Go Blackhawks.
    • Bygone Places Along The Monon
Donald Cripe
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:23:11 pm »
Just learned today of the passing of former Monon employee Donald Cripe. I have known Don since I was a child and he was my Scoutmaster. Over the years Don was generous with his time during my research of the Monon Railroad and contributed much information.

Donald E. Cripe
85, of Lowell, passed away Saturday, October 7, 2017. Survived by his wife of 66 years, Bonnie, children, Michael (Beth) and Debra (Ron) Iliff of Lowell, Peggy (Tim) Stoll of Baton Rouge, LA, Douglas (Rebecca) of Carmel, IN, Jeffrey (Kellie) of Sheridan, IN, 17 grandchildren, 11 great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, 4 brothers and 2 sisters.
Don had been an operator for the Monon Railroad, sold real estate with Cripe Realty, was co-owner, and later sole owner of Tri Creek Lumber and continued his work as a Developer in Lowell throughout his life. Visitation, Thursday October 12, from 4-8 at Sheets Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 604 E. Commercial Ave., Lowell with Funeral Services, Friday, 11AM at his church, Lowell Church of [not allowed], 299 N. Burr St. Burial at 3PM CST / 4PM EST in Rossville Cemetery, Rossville, IN. In lieu of flowers, Contributions may be made to his church. www.sheetsfuneral.com
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:43:07 pm by Tom Kepshire »
Life Member #22
Visit www.monon.org