Author Topic: Tom Kepshire's passing  (Read 2817 times)

Pete Pedigo

• Administrator
  • Monon Engineer
  • MRHTS PRESIDENT #5
    • NEWX
Tom Kepshire's passing
« on: January 10, 2018, 01:32:04 am »
All,

It is with sad news that I must report that Tom Kepshire passed away Sunday Morning January 7th, 2018.     As most of  you know he was a severe diabetic.  Most recently he had been on dialysis and had just under gone the amputation of a leg above the knee.  He apparently suffered a heart attack in the early hours Sunday morning while still in the hospital and did not recover.  Tom has been a very active member of the Monon Railroad Historical-Technical Society for many, many years.  He was always part of everything that went on. If you in anyway used one of our websites you dealt with Tom in one form or another.   All of us enjoyed and used his personal "By Gone Monon Site" as a first reference.   He also ran our online stores department and contributed most of his time to taking care of all of our internet needs.  He also served as Vice President of the Society when I became President. Tom was always there for me on a moments notice to handle anything I needed help with.  He was a "lets gett'er done" guy. Sometimes his responses and actions were instantaneously showing up on our websites. I think he had a laptop with him all of the time.  He was a selfless volunteer and was passionate about keeping the Monon Railroad Historical-Technical Society moving forward.   He will be sorely missed for sure. Our thoughts are with Carol and Becky and all of his family and we thank them for allowing Tom to devote his retirement to our humble society.

Pete Pedigo

Pete Pedigo

• Administrator
  • Monon Engineer
  • MRHTS PRESIDENT #5
    • NEWX
Re: Tom Kepshire's passing
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 03:39:13 pm »
Tom's Obituary:

Thomas W. Kepshire, age 62, residing in South Bend, Indiana passed away at 7:41 am Sunday, January 7, 2018 at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Mishawaka.  Tom was a retired volunteer firefighter for Lake Station.  He previously served as a South Bend EMT; worked for McGann Ambulance Service; Jackel; and several other EMS companies in northwest Indiana.

Tom was born on August 24, 1955 in Gary, Indiana to the late Edward and Mary (Hepp) Kepshire.  On October 9, 1982 in Lake Station, Indiana he married Carol (Wilson) Kepshire; who survives.

Along with his loving wife, Carol, Tom is survived by his daughter Rebecca (Nick Batdorf) Kepshire of South Bend; granddaughter, Alani Champer; sisters, Carol (Tommy) Vandercar of Lowell, Indiana and Donna (Elmer) Kepshire-Ricketts of Crown Point, Indiana; nieces and nephews, Joshua Ricketts, Madison Ricketts, Shannon (Richard) Schiller; and great nieces and nephews, Duncan and Delia.  Tom was preceded in death by his parents; brother and sister-in-law, John and Julie Kepshire; and nephew Justin Kepshire.

Memorial services will be held at a later date.  Palmer Funeral Home-River Park, South Bend is assisting the family with arrangements.

Contributions in memory of Thomas Kepshire can be made to Monon Railroad Historical Technical Society Inc. at www.monon.org.  Online condolences can be shared with the Kepshire family at www.palmerfuneralhomes.com.
Pete Pedigo