Author Topic: Ron Marquardt  (Read 1285 times)

George Lortz

• Monon Engineer
Ron Marquardt
« on: March 27, 2022, 12:34:44 pm »
Sad to relate that Ron Marquardt passed away yesterday afternoon (3/26) at home surrounded by his family.  Ron was a dynamic part of the Monon Society and a friend to all of us.  His wit, knowledge, talent and stories will be sorely missed.

Ron suffered through many health problems and the loss of his wife, Betty Joe, over the last five to ten years and it's good that he is no longer in pain.

Rest in peace, Ron.

George L.

Ken Lentz

• Monon Fireman
Re: Ron Marquardt
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 06:30:12 pm »
That's sad to hear, Ron and his wife were al such good host's when I came to visit. Ron was a great guy and railroader, full of info and stories May they both RIP
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 01:35:57 am by Rick Berg »

Ryan Rybarczyk

• Monon Brakeman
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 09:36:39 pm »
Terrible terrible news...he was an outstanding man and a true gem/giant within the Society. He will be GREATLY missed by all of us that love the Monon.

Ryan Rybarczyk

• Monon Brakeman
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2022, 09:51:27 pm »
If anyone has an funeral/viewing information if you would be kind enough to pass that along that would be fantastic.

Rick Berg

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Dispatcher
    • Rick's MONON Railroad Site
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 01:37:37 am »
Funeral Services for Ron are on Thursday March 31, 2022 at 1:00 pm at Gosport Methodist Church 119 N. 7th St Gosport, IN with Rev. Dwight Wood officiating. Burial will be in Gosport Cemetery. Visitation for Ron is Wednesday 4-7 pm at Chandler Funeral Home in Ellettsville with a Masonic Service at 7:00 pm and 1 hour before service at the church on Thursday.

https://monon.org/people/rem/rem.php
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 01:48:51 am by Rick Berg »

Chuck Stewart

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 06:52:08 am »
Terrible loss.  Great guy.

Mark Johnson

• Monon Conductor
    • MJ's LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 09:01:30 am »
This is an enormous loss to the Society. I never met Ron, but I talked to him on the phone once or twice and traded a lot of emails with him. His first-hand knowledge of the Monon, his sense of humor, and his writing style will all be sorely missed.

To a fallen brother Mason: So mote it be.

Mark Johnson
Columbia, MO

Eric Reinert

• Monon Conductor
    • My rrpicturearchives.com site
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 04:57:44 pm »
Another first-hand witness and link to the Monon's history has been lost. I am so thankful he shared so much of his knowledge with us in this group. We will benefit from his kindness and generosity for a long time to come.
Eric Reinert