Author Topic: Posting new su[not allowed]ect to group  (Read 4098 times)

Tim T Swan

• Monon Engineer
  • Modeling Bedford in 1948
Posting new su[not allowed]ect to group
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »
I have been trying to send a new su[not allowed]ect message with a photo attachment to the group as a whole, not to any particular member.  How is this done?  The POST action demands that I select a particular member.  I actually did this, selecting Ron Marquardt from the "Ron" list, then it still didn't accept my post.

Am I the only one still having problems with this system?  WHile it does have many advantages over the old Listserve, it seems to have a near-vertical learning curve.

Ron Marquardt

Re: Posting new su[not allowed]ect to group
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:23:00 am »
Tim, if you just put in the su[not allowed]ect and then type the message and attach the photo, it automatically goes to the whole group.  You don't have to select who it goes to, unless your settings are different than mine.  I think the message you just posted went to everyone.  / Ron

Tim T Swan

• Monon Engineer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:11:12 am »
No, all that happens is I get the following message:

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message: 
No recipients specified."

I don't see any indication that the message (Su[not allowed]ect: New Albany Roundhouse) and attachment (a 1979 photo of it) was ever posted.  Do you see it?

Ron Marquardt

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 10:55:32 am »
No, but I saw the message you sent about having problems, so that part went right.  Maybe one of the administrators can address the other problem you're having.  I've never had it happen to me.

Ron

Gene Remaly

• Inactive
  • Monon Conductor
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 03:46:58 pm »
Tim
the only help I can offer is that I also got your message----
ger

Joe Land

• Inactive
  • Monon Engineer
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:19:48 am »
Tim,
Try this: Since the photo is a building, Under the heading Monon Property, click on Buildings and Bridges, then click on New Topic. Post your message and photo. Every member of the Monon Board should be able to see it.
Let me know it this does not work.
Joe Land

Tim T Swan

• Monon Engineer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:57:53 pm »
I already did that, Joe.  Twice.  It will just not accept my input without my selecting a "recipient".  The only way I've been successful in sending anything on this system is by using REPLY.  That works well.