Author Topic: List Serve  (Read 3435 times)

Tom Pinnick

List Serve
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:11:04 pm »
Are the old List Serve archives still accessible?

Tom Kepshire

• Inactive
  • Monon Dispatcher
  • Go Blackhawks.
    • Bygone Places Along The Monon
Re: List Serve
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:58:04 am »
No. IU lost all of that.
Life Member #22
Visit www.monon.org

George Carpenter (G3)

List Serve
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 02:22:14 am »
The data from both Listservs was salvaged from I U by an act of kindness of John Stigall. It now resides on a 64 GB thumb drive. The format the data is stored in makes it very hard, if not impossible, to extract, edit, and turn into a readable archive. I have been remiss in mailing this thumb drive to Rick Berg for several months because I lost it, but found it, as fate would have it, yesterday in the very logical place I hid it for safe keeping. I'll get it off to Rick this week. Frankly I'm not encouraged by the likely hood that the data is useable. So much of what was archived would not make sense taken out of context. Many of the conversations were simply fragments. The one thing I hope that can be recovered are some of the photographs from the Pic-List and even those would need to be sorted and edited. Rick is has several more propellers on his techie beanie than I do. If it can be done I'm sure he and John Stigall will work it out.
G3
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:41:41 am by George Carpenter (G3) »

George Lortz

• Monon Engineer
Re: List Serve
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:59 pm »
Over the years I kept most of the Listserv photos and many of the su[not allowed]ect threads, but not all.  If anyone is looking for a specific topic or photo, I may be able to reconstruct some of the material.

I would need to know the su[not allowed]ect name and the approximate date of the original Listserv entry.

George L.

PS.  It's Listserv (a proper name).