MONON BOARD
General Monon Discussions and Questions => Question and Answers (Q&A) => Topic started by: Stew Winstandley on March 08, 2012, 10:17:52 pm
-
Guys,
If you had to pick colors for Monon passenger equipment from the attached chart, which red and gray would you use? This would be for the era when the top and bottom gray were the same color.
I thought CN #11 (16-167) and maybe either SP 16-37 or CNW 16-187 for the red. Anyone who has figured this out let me know. Your suggestions don't have to be from the attachment.
Thanks, Stew
-
I use Polly Scale Refer Gray for the dark gray, Undercoat Lt Gray for the light gray and Caboose Red.
-
I used Caboose Red and Reefer Gray for the dark, SP Lark Gray for the lighter shade.
-
Thanks for the suggestions.
-
Not to Hijack the thread, but would that same Caboose Red be good for the rider car too ?
Regards,
Don K
-
Don
I always used either caboose red or SP Scarlet Red on my cabooses and rider cars. After weathering, what's the difference?
-
Cool - someone gave me several jars of Floquil and there's a red in the bunch - can't remember what kind right now, but you're right Tom - it looks like a match to me, and after it's weathered, who knew...
Don K
-
The sheet with the Microscale decal lists the gray as DUCO 254-54924 and the red as DUCO 254-54925-M, whatever that means.
Stew
-
Hi folks. I may have missed a post here. What is the Microscale decal sheet referring to in the thread? Is it a specific set of Microscale decals for Monon equipment ?
Can you post a link to more information on this set?
Thanks
Don K
-
Passenger decal
http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MD&Product_Code=60-358&Product_Count=&Category_Code= (http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MD&Product_Code=60-358&Product_Count=&Category_Code=)
Freight decal
http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MD&Product_Code=60-359&Product_Count=&Category_Code= (http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MD&Product_Code=60-359&Product_Count=&Category_Code=)
If the above links don't work, go to
http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT (http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT)
and enter MONON in the search box.
-
I just noticed that the Monon freight decal is sold out at Microscale. Microscale has a minimum order of $20, so you have to order at least 4 decal sets to get them to ship. So total cost would be $5.75 x 4 plus shipping.
Or you can get a passenger decal set from Walthers, link to:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/460-60358 (http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/460-60358)