Author Topic: RPM Meet Report  (Read 1418 times)

Chuck Stewart

• Monon Conductor
RPM Meet Report
« on: June 25, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »
The MRHTS was well represented at this year’s RPM (Railroad Prototype Modelers) meet in Collinsville, IL June 23 & 24.  In attendance were Bob Gibson, Mont Switzer who brought an amazing array of his Monon freight car models, Chad Boas who displayed his gorgeous selection of Monon passenger cars, Bill Darnaby, and Chuck Stewart.  Kevin Brown was also in attendance and a big Monon fan.  In addition, noted Monon author James Lewnard was there and advised me that he hopes to do another Monon book.  Can never get enough of those!  There were many railroad historical societies in attendance.  Maybe the MRHTS will attend next year.
In case you didn’t know, Chad has modeled Shops on his home layout in Lafayette.  Really cool!
The RPM meet is where rivet counters go to be happy!  Detail, detail, detail!

Robert Gibson

• Monon Conductor
Re: RPM Meet Report
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:30:03 am »
The 2018 St. Louis Railroad Prototype Modeler's show will be July 20-21.  I think the Society would benefit by having a display at the show.  Serious modelers attend and display hundreds of beautiful railroad oriented models.  In addition, there are manufacturers, vendors, weathering clinics, photo vendors, and modeling clinics both days.  This year there were about 20 railroad historical societies represented at the show and the show grows each year.  Something to think about.

Mike Aufderheide

• Inactive
  • Monon Conductor
Re: RPM Meet Report
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:26 am »
Thanks for the report Chuck!  The meet organizers usually post some photos a few days after, I will pass along a link when I have it.

Mike Aufderheide