Author Topic: Monon Project Group  (Read 8098 times)

Rick Berg

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Dispatcher
    • Rick's MONON Railroad Site
Re: Monon Project Group
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 11:32:24 am »
I know that between the MONON Modelers the yahoo archive pictures are on our pc's. I can make another Modeling thread with those archive items if all.... the ex members will post them.

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply, Steve.  Your book has served as my main source for modeling since I selected the Monon as my prototype back in the '80's, and was a major influence in my making that selection.  In fact, I have worn the first copy out and had to buy a second!

Roger

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 05:44:03 pm »
Rick,

A section with the topic "General Monon Modeling" or some such label might prove helpful.  I model in scale S.  If I were to post in "S Gauge", the closest section to me, I doubt if anyone would read it!  That's why I posted my original question in the HO scale section, assuming it has the largest following of guys from the Monon Project Group.

It would be great if the old Yahoo Monon Project Group's archives were again accessable, but that may be too much work.  The files that I can recall that I miss the most are the one on work cars and the one on the rider caboose, but I guess I still have plenty of other projects to keep me busy for years to come!

Thanks,  Roger

Steve Dolzall

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 07:21:48 pm »
Roger,

If you browse the su[not allowed]ect headings there are specific sections for various types of locomotives, rolling stock, operations,  and structures. If your questions are basically prototype in nature that might be the most productive area to pose your question. You really can't go wrong since if a question/su[not allowed]ect ends up in the wrong slot, one of the "wise and powerful" list moderators will shuffle it off to the correct location. I personally enjoyed the discussions on the Monon Project list but, for reasons I don't fully understand, the some of the Monon modelers seem not to have embraced the new list as you would expect. Hopefully over time they will appear.

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 09:00:22 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, Steve.  Maybe it would be easier for the silent modelers to participate if Rick's suggestion were implemented.  The way it is now, we are all segregated into the various scales, and there seems to be no obvious place to have a general discussion about modeling that would be helpful across all the scales.  Scale specific issues or product announcements could remain in the existing catagories.  Just an idea.

Rick Berg

• Global Admin.
  • Monon Dispatcher
    • Rick's MONON Railroad Site
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »
I think you should have categories, pictures, drawings, articles, comments, etc.
In the pictures, drawings, articles, it should be post only, no comments or comments only for articles, etc, like you had in the yahoo group.......... So you have a modeling reference library like before....... I can't remember everything that was in the File area of yahoo.........

But we do not want a category that is already covered in other threads on the Monon Board; ie ROW, buildings etc..... But do want maybe Modeled Structures thread, you get the idea.

Some of this is already i the Members Area of the MRH-TS area that you had, so maybe Pete will need to "OK" some of the content......

Just let me know....

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:25 am »
You've lost me here, Rick.  Way over my head.  I don't even know the vocabulary.  I'm just a guy that likes to build things and share ideas and inspiration with other modelers.  I was hoping that there would be some acceptable format for doing that.  Maybe just another catagory under the "Monon Scale Modeling" heading.

Pete Pedigo

• Administrator
  • Monon Engineer
  • MRHTS PRESIDENT #5
    • NEWX
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 07:56:16 am »
Rick and Roger,

I have no issues with a adminstrator making more key holed categories withi the modeling area of the  Monon Board.

Just remember to click on "notify" at the end of a  particular post so you will get email notification of a new post in a category.   

Pete
Pete Pedigo

Chad Boas

• Monon Fireman
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 03:34:11 pm »
Roger,
Mike said he saved alot of the info from the yahoo site. He said you can e mail him about it at mononinmonon at yahoo.com
Chad
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:04:44 am by Rick Berg »

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 04:21:22 pm »
Thanks very much, Chad.  I've been meaning to write to Mike directly, but wasted my morning watching our Seahawks lose to the Detroit Lions.

What do you think about having a non scale specific category here under "Monon Scale Modeling"?  That way, modeling questions, ideas and inspiration could be shared among all the scales?

BTW, a couple of my S scale buddies met you at Naperville and were impressed by your modeling.  Are you still planning on doing something in S?

Chad Boas

• Monon Fireman
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 07:42:52 pm »
I did a Seaboard F6 50' flat in S. I might do the Southern 52' flat also.
A multi scale catagory should be good.
Chad

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 01:46:13 am »
That's great, Chad.  Should we call the category "Modeling Projects" or "Models Under Construction"?  Does anyone have an opinion?  Is there anyone else on this Board who was a member of the old Monon Project Group that could help out with the title?

Chad, I'll get with you directly about the S scale stuff later.

Jim Osborne

• Inactive
  • Monon Fireman
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:26 am »
How about naming the category "Monon Projects?"

Tom Kepshire

• Inactive
  • Monon Dispatcher
  • Go Blackhawks.
    • Bygone Places Along The Monon
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 10:30:30 am »
Good move, pun intended.
Life Member #22
Visit www.monon.org

Roger Nulton

• Monon Conductor
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 02:51:55 pm »
Jim,
That works for me.  Or "Monon Modeling Projects".  Some title for the category that will identify building stuff that will be useful to all scale modelers rather than buying stuff in a specific scale.  Are there any other ideas out there?  I don't know how to do a message to include modelers from scales other than HO.

Tom, Thanks for the support (I think?).